Legal Disclaimer: The typical stuff, i do not own the rights for Xena, Gabriele and the others, unfortunately that rights are of StudiosUSA , Universal Pictures and the rest of TPTB, and my personal opinion is that they are persons who care nothing about the fans and need a good kick on their asses.

Violence: Some

Languaje: nothing

Others: Comic

Comments: are well recieved on karla_wp_99@yahoo.com

The Bet

 

"Well again our fabulous warriors are in a new adventure," wrote in a scroll the bard while speaking in loud voice; "ugh, please Gabrielle this is the most boring day in all our lives" replied the warrior.

"Well, Xena we can’t have always a day full of butt-kicking" replied the bard in a very boring and sarcastic tone.

"Nope, but I think I’m getting roots for being sit all the day" said Xena a little bit aggressive and with a funny face.

"Calm down! Answer the bard.

"Where I was? …ooh Yes!; Our fabulous warriors are again in…."; the inspiration of the bard was broken by an irritating noise…the scratch of old steel, like every day, Xena was fixing her sword

"Xenaa!!" replied furious the bard. " I can’t focus with all that noise; "Why you don’t go with your family or something like that; I’m having a mental block and with your attitude I can’t focus… you’re only looking the bad things of this situation." replied an angry and blocked amazon bard.

"Okay, okay I won’t act like I’m bored…again" said Xena with a small an ironic smile and continue. " I think it’s a good idea the stuff of visiting my mother I haven’t seen her for a long time…can you take care of yourself?"

"Xena that’s a joke, isn’t?" ironically answer the bard.

"Hmmm" pronounced the warrior while she raises her eyebrow.

"Xena please; I have fight at your side you for almost…. Mmm five years!; What’s happening with you?!" asked the amazon bard.

"It’s just that I don’t think you can care take of yourself for a week neither live without me" said Xena with a wicked smile.

"Wanna make a bet?" asked the Gabrielle with an eyebrow raised.

"How many dinars do you want to lose??" asked the mighty princess with a wicked grin.

"Xena…why don’t we better bet something more interesting?" answer the bard now with a wicked grin.

"Mmm like what?… What do you suggest?"; answered the beautiful warrior with a surprised face.

"If I win you must do everything for me for…mmm 1 month; what do you say?" asked innocently the bard; "looks reasonable but what will you give me if I win? …Think it a lot because I’m gonna win"; answered an extremely secure warrior.

"I…I may be your slave for a month; but don’t be so secure. I won’t be your slave, not in your life, not in my life! " Answered with small smiles in her face.

After all the discussion the warrior and the bard agreed to the bet if someone loses the loser will be the slave of the winner, then the warrior marched toward Amphipolis. The day looked beautiful, the zephyr sky crossed the sun with small clouds. The warrior close her eyes and thought in her infancy, she could see herself playing with her brothers, she opened the eyes and smiled like an answer of her vision.

She walked with her faithful mare at her side and wandered " What would Gabrielle will doing now?"

In the other side of the town there was the wonderful bard, plotting about what she can do to win the bet; she smiled and said " So you think I can’t be independent for a week, let’s she who depends in whom"

The first day passed Gabrielle was attacked by a couple of thieves but she got rid of them quickly "first success!" she thought.

Xena camped in the night and she was a little but disappointed she had a peaceful day, no battles, no thieves, no fun "Great! I’ll die of boring!; If Gab…no, I can survive without her I made the bet I can’t lose" she raised her eyebrow and said quietly "But…I can see her week without letting her see me, that’s a good plan and with that I would have a slave for a month, je, je, je. "

***********__________***********

The next day the warrior arrived to Amphipolis, she went to the inn where she knew her mama would be.

"Mother?" she asked in the entrance of the inn.

"Xena!" answered her mother happily "By the gods, what a beautiful surprise, but what are you doing here and where’s Gabrielle…hem is everything Okay?"

"Yes mom, like always you’re worrying about me hmm?; I came to visit you" said Xena while she was hugging her mother.

"I’m very happy of seeing you here and alive and you know you’re always welcome" Said Cyrene hugging her daughter.

"Thanks mom" answer Xena.

Like something they haven’t done in a lot of time the two spend all the day drinking and talking like the best friends in the world. After a few hours of talking and drinking Cyrene finally said what she want to ask since her daughter arrived.

"Xena I won’t get mad if you tell me the true, about your visit" said Cyrene while taking more wine in her cup.

"Mother, Everything is okay, well almost" said Xena a little dizzy and mumbling a little.

"Oh please Xena is very weird to see you here with out Gabrielle" answer the mother with a incredulous look.

"Okay you win" said Xena between giggles " As matter in fact I’m here because I made a bet with Gabrielle.."

"And that was?" asked impatiently Cyrene, and made some movements with her hand as a sing of continue.

"That she can’t be independent one week, and that includes no help from my side; and if I win; If I can prove that she’s not ready to be independent she’ll be my slave for a large and busy month" said the warrior with a wicked smile.

"Well, I’ve heard what she bet, but you? Xen" asked Cyrene anxiously.

"If she can survive with out me I’ll be her slave, well not that exactly, I’ll do everything instead of her" said Xena with her eyebrows rise.

" mmm interesting bet, but I think that you’ll be her slave if you lose, but I can’t figure by myself why you came here?" asked the mother again.

"The other part of the bet; I have to let her live by herself a week and if I help her or spy her I lose" said the warrior looking the sad face of her mother ". But I also came because I missed a lot my mom and I really want to see her; and if you don’t believe me tell me for which person I will get drunk" said the tall woman between giggles.

"Okay I believe you; I think it’s getting late why don’t we go to rest, tomorrow will be a very busy day!" exclaimed Cyrene a little bit drunk.

"Busy?" asked the warrior a little worried.

"Yeah you’ll help me in the inn; we haven’t had many clients in this days so I have a job for you" said Cyrene with a smile more evil and wicked than Xena’s.

"Mom you’re worrying me" answered Xena

"No more than what you usually do for me" respond Cyrene a little bit sarcastic.

"Okay mom you win" answer the defeated warrior.

After that the two stand up of the table and Xena tried to get up with out stumbling but she failed; three steps and another stumble after this she focus in the ladder and she made her way, Cyrene was in the same condition but fortunately no one gets hurt.

In the night Cyrene heard a noise downstairs, she called many times in the room of Xena but she didn’t respond, she thought that Xena was so drunken that she didn’t worry about answer the knocking.

In the forest a body appeared running as fast as her body can; and she jumped into a tree for saving some time from here she can see a Thrace something lead her to that place.

She caught her attention in a familiar shadow, yes she was Gabrielle; in that moment Xena thought "it’s not bad looking a little bit" still drunken she can’t focus her sight as she wanted, and she slipped down to the floor.

"What’s that" Gabrielle asked to herself, and she looked something weird in the forest but she acted like if it didn’t mind." Hmm it seems we have a tall, dark intruder" thought to herself.

Xena prayed for all the gods in the mount Olympus to make Gabrielle don’t notice her but she get a relief when Gabrielle keep forward "ufff that was close" she whispered.

 

**********__________**********

In Amphipolis Cyrene woke up and called for breakfast Xena didn’t answer, she worries and then she opened the door then she saw a very hang-over Xena laying in the bed with the worst position she could ever have.

"Xena wake up" cried Cyrene and holding her for awakening her" I’ve never seen you like this I think this time the wine was a little bit strong. Don’t you?"

"Oughhhhh what day is today" said Xena between mumbles.

"is the day of getting up and began to work" answered Cyrene with a mischievous grin.

"Aughhh mother I think I’m gonna get sick" said Xena with her hand in her lips.

"Xena please get up I’m going to make you some tea and you’ll feel better" said Cyrene softly" I can’t remember when was the last time I saw you like this"

"Like what?…like a piece of shit of the mighty warrior princess" said Xena with a sarcastic grin while she was rubbing her eyes and feeling her head like smashed with the wall.

After this little problem they get breakfast what was something difficult for Xena because her headache won’t let her live for a while. But she survived until her mother show her new job; Cyrene’s inn wasn’t being good because when many people arrived the service was terrible so Xena worked as cooker, something that Cyrene ask her only once because she remember her cooking skills, so she preferred that Xena clean all the inn, after she cleaned all the place from the floor to the ceiling, Xena helped her with the clients; no, no the way you’re thinking, she help the clients with their traveling stuff, she cleaned their clothes and she protect them; after a deadly day Xena remembered her fall of yesterday, and remember that that night she’ll go to spy Gabrielle again.

In the night she tell to her mother that she’ll go to sleep because she was awesomely tired, her mother looked at her in a suspicious way because; her daughter never ever get a nap before midnight. But she didn’t mind she remember that Xena was there for vacations not for being her slave.

In the back door Xena waited until her mother go to the kitchen and then she called Argo, and jumping into it they head to Thrace; then in the forest she let Argo there then she walked to the village she could hear the voice of Gabrielle next to her so she jumped to the nearer ceiling.

From the ceiling she could see the bard talking to many people the amazing stories of Xena the warrior princess, Xena smiled and stay to listening the whole story after this a man asked the bard why is Xena was her best friend she wasn’t with her?

The bard answered calmed and happy "Well we made a bet, she promised me to let me prove her that I can be independent for a week…"

"And what will happened if she disappoints you or if she fails you?" asked a child interrupting the bard.

"Well I would be very hurt because the friendship, is bases in trust and in the truth" before the bard can end; Xena felt like she had been hit with a rock because Gabrielle was right and she felt bad of lying to her best friend after these she get off of the ceiling but she forgot to shut up her cry.

"Alalalalalallaal…shit" said Xena

"What?" Gabrielle heard the famous battle cry of Xena and go to the other side of the building, first she thought it can be her imagination but then she saw the prove of the crime a pair of foot boot prints.

"Hmmm so spying my dear warrior princess? You’re really in trouble" whispered the bard to herself with a wicked grin.

**********___________***********

After that adventure Xena thought that Gabrielle didn’t notice her; and running on Argo they head to Amphipolis, she arrived to the inn and jumped to the window of her room after these she take a bath and get into the bed, thinking of how bad friend she was. The remorse couldn’t let her sleep in all the night the next day Xena prepared a surprise to her mother because she felt like if she had betray her too; first she didn’t kept her promise then she lied to her mother.

So she cleaned the entire inn, she cooked a magnificent menu, and then she make something for having more clients, she sang.

When her mother woke up she was really surprised she handled the entire inn by herself also she get more clients than she could, also she cooked. For someone that have many skills cooking was not her best but she prepared something awesomely delicious, after this Xena hug her mother and tell her lie.

"Xena I knew it! That was the reason of why I put you to do a lot of things the next day I don’t like the idea of lying to each other; I’m your mother I have more experience than you."

"I think you’re all right, I’m sorry" said the warrior honestly and gently.

"Never mind Xen, but you’ve to make a lot of surprises when you pass here" said Cyrene hugging her daughter. "But why are you already sad?"

"I lied my best friend, Gabrielle, and she trusted in me I have to tell her how bad I was" said Xena sadly and with a serious face.

 

The next day Xena said good by to her mother, her mother give her some food for the travel and the good bye started.

"I know this is silly...but are you proud of me?" asked the warrior with her best innocence face.

"Always, everyday of my life" respond her mother hugging her as hard as she could.

"Mother I promise to come to se you more often" replied Xena while she waved her hand on Argo.

After all the see you’s, the farewell’s and love’s the warrior head to Thrace; and she arrived to the gate she rose her eyebrow with a worrying anxious trying to find the bard; she entered to the inn and then she found her the sweet bard was telling a story to the children and to the people there.

Gabrielle recognized the warriors steps and prepared her revenge, she finished her story as if she hadn’t noticed the presence of the dark tall woman; " So this is the story of my best friend; a friend that I love a lot, and a FRIEND that really knows the meaning of friendship, the confidence and TRUTH. With a higher voice." the bard ended and a lot of claps sounded.

She turned to the exit and she saw Xena she indifferent and innocently said " Xena by the gods what’re you doing here?" asked while hugging the warrior tightly.

"Look everybody this is the friend that I’ve been talking all the days, this is the mighty warrior princess, and the best friend I’ve ever had" the bard said with a strange and wicked smile; and with emphasis in the last words.

Xena stood there feeling herself very low while all the people were clapping at her; she stopped all the tribute and said "Gabrielle we need to talk"

Gabrielle acting a surprise answer "Of what? What happened"

"I need… to tell you that I lost I… I came to spy you all the week... and I’m sorry because I failed you I betrayed your trust and I deserve to lose the bet we made" said Xena with affliction in her face.

"You…How you could? Son of a" reclaimed Gabrielle with anger on her face, her face was as red of anger and her death-killing eyes as aiming against the warrior princess

"But suddenly she said okay, relax, it’s okay, everybody calm". She breathed deeply as a response that she was getting calmed and then she cried "I’m gonna kill ya!"

Xena put her best innocent and sad face that she had been practicing since yesterday and said softly "I’m sorry"

Gabrielle showed her soft side and forgave Xena "Okay I know you maybe…MAYBE you have your own reasons to do this but this made you lost the bet" Laughing she said " The mighty warrior princess will be my slave for a month this is great"

Xena resigned to her destiny and accept the responsibility of her actions and she began to be Gabrielle’s slave. In the morning she made breakfast, after that she amused her, then she folded all her scrolls, after that she gave her all her savings for using them in the city, they went to Athens, they stayed in a inn, then Xena invited her the dinner; and this was only the beginning in the night Xena was exhausted, she went to take a bath and tried to relax herself but in the moment she was about to fall asleep Gabrielle called her for go for some water. She made this only for making feel Xena a little miserable and angry.

After all these duties Gabrielle finally asked, "How’s your arm?"

"Well its bett ...how do you knew my arm was hurt?" said Xena rising an eyebrow.

Gabrielle forget that Xena didn’t tell her this and tried to escape from the warrior’s interrogatory "Well I saw that your arm is hurt, when you hug me in the inn, yes in the inn" said Gabrielle with her innocent face.

"Well that’s weird because my arm healed before I came here, but maybe you’re a guru" said Xena sarcastically." And now I’m becoming some kind of oracle" and approaching to her friend with an angry and wicked smile.

"Why?" asked Gabrielle with the voice cut with nervous and trying to get of the way of the warrior princess.

"Because I’m seeing a little cute irritating blonde bard in big, big troubles" said Xena while she caught the bard against the wall.

The bard escaped from the wall and then she approaches slowly to the door.

"Run…because you’ll die my dear amazon princess, but the meaning of friendship is confidence and truth." Imitating Gabrielle, cried the warrior while drawing her chackram.

"Okay I’m sorry, I just wanna give ya…a lesson…hey why I’m running you spy me, that showed that you don’t believe in me neither in my skills…Xena stop aiming against me, I’ll take that as a no. Xena step back. I said step back. I’m serious. I don’t like to hurt you…ehh neither I get hurt. Please I’m sorry"

"You little son of bachae, you knew I was spying you. Cracking her own hand bones. And you made all this act for making me feeling bad" said Xena red with anger. "You...you"

"Xena stop this I’m really sorry i…do you remember when I want to go to the Athens Academy of performing Bards?" asked Gabrielle paled of the warriors sight.

"Yes my now dead bard. Why?" asked the warrior stepping toward the bard.

"Because now I think I should go there" after these the bard ran away the inn looking back to make sure that the warrior wasn’t following her, in the woods she stopped and sighed "I never think Xena will be so mad" but in that moment something interrupted her rest.

"But I wasn’t mad, now I am" said a voice in the other side of the woods it was the warrior princess holding some of her hair.

"Xena please…FORGIVE ME!" said the bard trying to make her best play going down in her knees and begging for her life.

"Ran" with out thinking it the bard followed the orders of the warrior.

"I’m gonna be very entertained trying to caught her" whispered Xena to herself..

The End.

Epilogue:

Xena chase Gabrielle from Thrace, to Amphipolis where her mother tried to convince her of stopping this menace, but Xena didn’t mind after that she follow Gabrielle to Thesaly, Tripoli and finally to Athens.

In Athens Gabrielle beg Xena of mercy and finally after a lot of time wasted in trying to caught Gabrielle, Xena finally found her and make her an horrible punishment against her; the bard have to write one thousand times in her favorite scroll; "I’m sorry, I would never try to benefit with my best friends sorrow; the mercy, lovely and mighty warrior princess"; after that Xena also won a slave because despite that she spied the bard. Only for lying Gabrielle deserved a month of being the slave of the warrior princess.

Thanks for reading.